The objectives for this online course are to provide students with a general understanding of how to work with children and adults with special need while introducing experienced trainers to a population that is truly under serviced. Trainers will learn basic evaluation strategies and vital communication techniques as well as how to design and modify fitness programs for clients of all abilities. This course will give you the knowledge necessary to begin your journey.
The objectives for this online course is to provide students with a general understanding of what plyometrics are and when they should be applied. This course will explain the chain of events that lead up to accomplishing a true plyometric movement. Our goal is to give objective and truthful information based on science and our team’s experience. This online course will guide you in the right direction and debunk the myths and misapplication associated with this type of training. Students will be introduced to the science behind plyometric training and learn the benefits of applying it. Students will watch videos to see the correct exercise form.
-To provide the students with a general understanding of plyometrics.
-To educate students on the dangers of plyometrics.
-To provide the students with guidelines on progressing clients safely into plyometrics.
-Explain the energy systems associated with plyometics.
-Clear up some common misconceptions about plyometrics.
-Teach students basic plyometric warm ups and foundation exercises.
-To provide students with the basic knowledge they need before attending our live workshop on plyometrics.
- Students will download and read the online study material.
- Students will download and watch the videos to review exercise form.
- Students will login to Fit and Functional web site and take a 54 question multiple choice exam.
What Will You Learn?
- Teach trainers how to design programs and modify exercises
- Create a framework for trainers to build their education on
- Educate trainers on the basics of the most common diagnoses and challenges you may encounter as well as how to remedy them
- Provide the students with guidelines on progressing clients safely while keeping it fun
- Explain how exercise benefits this population
Social Our Trip to the Gym for Fitness class
The Importance of Activity for Children With Special Needs Hand Out
Fundamentals of Training Children and Adults with Special Needs Video00:00
Fundamentals of Training Special Needs Children and Adults Exam
Fundamentals of Training Special Needs Children and Adults Quiz